After Hydrogen Combustion Engine, Reliance unveils E20-blended petrol

Must read

Frontier India News Network
Frontier India News Network
Frontier India News Network is the in-house news collection and distribution agency.

RIL and BP’s fuels and mobility joint venture, Jio-bp, announced on 8th February that they would begin selling gasoline with 20 per cent ethanol. Jio-bp is now one of the first petroleum dealers in India to supply E20-blended petrol, which complies with the government’s plan. Customers who have automobiles that can run on E20 will be able to purchase this fuel at some Jio-bp stations, and the company plans to spread out the service to the rest of the network in the near future.

Ethanol makes up 20% of E20 fuel, while the remaining 80% is traditional gasoline or diesel. The government of India is introducing E20 blending in gasoline with the objectives of lowering the cost of the country’s oil imports, ensuring energy security, lowering carbon emissions, improving air quality, achieving energy self-sufficiency, making use of damaged food grains, raising the incomes of farmers, creating jobs, and expanding investment opportunities. In addition, the government has moved the E20 fuel objective up to 2025 from its previous target year of 2030.

Both the market for fuels and the mobility market are growing at a rapid rate in India. It is projected that during the next two decades, the fuels market will have the highest rate of growth. Jio-bp Mobility Stations provide several services for customers, such as additive fuels, EV charging, refreshments, and food. 

Hydrogen Combustion Engine technology 

This month, Reliance became the first company in India to offer a solution for heavy-duty vehicles that use a hydrogen internal combustion engine.

The Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (H2ICE)-powered trucks will redefine the future of green mobility since they will produce almost no emissions, have comparable performance to that of conventional diesel trucks, produce minimal noise, and reduce operating expenses.

Since the past year, Reliance, in conjunction with its vehicle partner Ashok Leyland and other technical partners, has been working on the development of this cutting-edge technology. The company’s goal is to achieve Net carbon Zero, and the company anticipates that the first engines will be operational by the beginning of 2022. Before the initial commercial deployment of the H2ICE technology for heavy duty vehicles across Reliance’s captive fleet in the future, Reliance will in the future perform exhaustive testing and validation of the technology. At the same time, Reliance is looking at developing a comprehensive hydrogen eco system for transportation.

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article